The most effective preventive dentistry plans include patient education, regular cleanings and exams, treatment, and daily brushing and flossing. Our team is committed to helping your child enjoy happy and beautiful smiles for life.
Preventive treatment includes the following:
- Dental cleanings and exams every six months to prevent dental decay and check for other oral issues.
- X-rays, either as part of an exam or when a problem is suspected.
- Daily brushing and flossing to keep plaque from building up.
- Early detection and repair of cavities to stop them from causing tooth pain.
- According to the AAPD, “Sealants placed in the grooves of permanent molars have shown to reduce cavities on those teeth by over 70% over 2-3 years.”
- At Pediatric Dentistry of Oklahoma, we perform thorough exams to assess your child’s situation. Detailed examinations allow our Doctors to give custom dental plans and treatments to our patients.